Friday, April 18, 2008

Take Back the Filter Campaign

Awhile back we switched to a Brita filter / pitcher system and non-leaching waterbottles for all 6 of us. Not only are we keeping plastic bottles out of the house and out of the waste management process, but we are using our regular old tap water right from our well. I thought I was doing a good thing for the environment and saving a little money, right? When I read this from burbanmom and then this from fakeplasticfish, I felt a little less green. Why would a company, such as Brita (now owned by Clorox) recycle their filters in Europe and ignore those of us here in the States? Shame, shame, shame on them. So, I signed the petition, thanks to burbanmom, and now plan to send back my filters to fakeplasticfish, who has had the gumption to create the Take Back the Filter Campaign to return all of these wasteful items right back to Clorox all at once. These ladies really know how to make a statement, so please sign the petition and send back your filters. It's easy and quick, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging about the Take Back The Filter campaign. We've had great success this week! Brita is going to take back and recycle the filters. Please check it out:

http://www.takebackthefilter.org/2008/11/brita-and-preserve-announce-filter.html