Monday, April 28, 2008

To Do List - Old Habits Die Hard

Ending my addiction to the paper towel is on my list. This is a shameful one... While I recycle every teeny shred of paper, paperboard, glass, plastic and aluminum that crosses my path (occasionally I even pick through other people's trash!), I just can't seem to stop using paper towels. Yesterday we were finally pulled out the last roll of paper towels from the jumbo-sized, plastic wrapped, (sorry, FakePlasticFish!) Costco-purchased, hulking paper towel monster hiding in my basement. So, I figure it's time to start cutting back. Maybe, just maybe, I think if I buy the recycled version of the paper towels - albeit at a higher price - maybe I might start considering using LESS of them. That's the first step, right? Cutting back? And, they're recycled, so it's slightly better than where I was before. So, I bought a three-pack of 100% recycled paper towels from Trader Joe's. The paper towel monster in my basement is no more. Once I learn to use less, I am hoping to find an alternative that I can live with to reduce my usage even further. Maybe I can challenge myself to one roll per week? Or even per month? Time will tell, but I am on my way!

No comments: