Saturday, July 19, 2008

One Local Summer - Week #7

Again, I am taking the easy way out this week. I truly love simple meals, they make me feel good, my family loves to eat them and it takes little time for me to prepare them. Talk about a win-win situation! This week I made a homemade pasta sauce from farmer's market tomatoes, onions and garlic. I added a little of my own container herbs - all sauted in some olive oil. That was just the topping for the real star of the show - potato gnocchi - made by hand from a local source. All of which I topped with shredded Edam cheese. Delicious! (And yes, that's a LOT of cheese, I know. I love cheese!)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Mmm. Yay for comfort food!

Green Bean said...

Dang, that looks good!!! Nothing and I do mean nothing is better than homemade tomato sauce.

hmd said...

Oh, wow! I'd love to have a local source of pasta. That looks so good and as far as I'm concerned, you have a perfect amount of cheese! :)